Released in July this year, the LG Q6 is one of the best mid-range smartphones. The device features a 5.5- inch full HD Full Vision screen and pre-installs the Android 7.1.1 out of the box. The LG Q6 is a great phone for use with a number of exciting features. Here are some tips and tricks so that you can enjoy using your Q6 smartphone better.
Change Font Type And Font Size
You won’t need any third party app to get different fonts on your device. LG Q6 offers an option for you to choose among six different fonts. To change the font, simply go to Settings > Display > Font Type. Here, pick up your favorite on to use on your phone. Next, return to the Display section where you can choose the font size from Extra Small to Huge. There is also an option to make the text bold below the Font Size option. You can enable it if you like.
This is one of the most interesting features on LG Q6. For those who don’t know setting it up, simply follow the below instruction:
- Navigate to Settings > Display > Lock Screen and choose Face Recognition
- Follow the prompts to set up the facial recognition on your Q6 by placing your face within the circular frame so that your device can detect you.
- Now, lift your device to your face to unlock it
On LG Q6, there is an additional layer of security. Just head to Settings > Display > Lock Screen > Smart Lock and select one of four options from the four that are displayed. It is a feature that can recognize the signals to keep your device locked or unlocked. Here are four options:
- On Body Detection: The phone will use its sensors to identify when you hold it and locks the screen automatically when it’s not in use.
- Trusted Places: If you want to use this feature, you need to enter your choice of location and keep your location services always on. For example, if you have just come back home and your home has been marked as the Trusted Places then your phone will unlock automatically.
- Trusted Devices: You can add another device to your phone and whenever it is near your phone, it will automatically unlock.
- Trusted Voice: Simply say ‘Ok Google’ to unlock your phone. But you first need to record your voice for the recognition.
Also see: Tips And Tricks For Samsung Galaxy J Series 2017
Full-Screen Display For All Apps
The LG Q6 comes with an 18:9 aspect ratio and while running some apps or games, you will see a black line displayed both on top and at the bottom of the screen. But there is a useful tip that allows you to use the full screen for these specific apps. Go to Settings > Display > App Scaling and you will see a list of apps installed on your phone. Locate the app for that you want to run in the full-screen view. There will be three different options. One of them here is Full Screen (18:9). Tap on it to set the aspect ratio for the specific app and enjoy it with a full screen. Most of the apps can be applied in this way.
Here are the typical tips and tricks you should know on your LG Q6. If you know other useful tips, let’s know in the comment.