Today, Google has officially rolled out the fourth developer beta version of Android O to all the Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player, Google Pixel, Pixel XL and Pixel C. The factory image is also now available for users to download and install. The final APIs has already been made available in the Developer Preview 3, so this update build only contains some bug fixes, performance improvements and a slightly updated final API.
Moreover, Google also added the stable version of Android 26.0.0 Support Library, which includes new features such as Android Test Orchestrator, Multiprocess Espressoand other important elements. Now, if you want to experience this developer preview of Android O on your device, follow the instructions showed in this post.
However, before starting, you need to check the following requirements:
- This Nougat Factory Image is only for the supported devices above. If you install it on other devices, it will end up bricking them.
- The process will delete all data; so you should make a full backup first.
- Your Windows computer needs to pre-install Android SDK and Google usb drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device
- Charge the battery to at least 50% so that there is nothing wrong happens during installing Android O Factory Image Preview 4.
Also read: Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat For Google Nexus 9
Steps To Install Android O Factory Image On Supported Devices
- First, download Android O Developer Preview factory image file from here.
- Once done, unzip the Factory Image file and move it to the platform-toolsfolder in SDK.
- Next reboot your handset into Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding both the Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds
- After that, plug it to the computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Navigate to Platform-tools folder, and open cmd by pressing the Shift key while right clicking on any empty space on the screen.
- Now, unlock the bootloader of your handset (if you have not) by typing fastboot flashing unlock. Then press Enter to confirm the process.
- Return thefolder and double click on the flash-all.bat script of Android O Developer Preview to start the update process.
- After flashing the Android O Preview 4 Factory Image is complete, reboot your phone and enjoy your result.