Hello all HTC One Max users! Your device is running outdated Android version and you don’t know how to update your One Max Verizon to the newer Android OS. Today, we have good news for you. Your handset can now be upgraded to the latest Android 7.1 Nougat OS with CM14.1 Rom. In this article, we will show how to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for your One Max Verizon
Before flashing Android 7.1 Nougat ROM for your handset, you need to note something first.
- This ROM is only for HTC One Max Verizon and if you flash it on any other Android devices, it can end to brick the device.
- It will format all the data inside the internal memory, so you should make a full backup first.
- Charge the battery up to at least 65% to ensure it will not die during installing Rom process.
- You also need a custom recovery such as TWRP, CWM installed on you handset as well as the bootloader unlocked to flash this Rom.
Steps to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Rom on HTC One Max
- Download the Android 7.1 Nougat ROM file as well as Google Gapps for your One Max Verizon
- Move the downloaded files into the internal storage/ SD card of your handset, do not put them in any folder. Then power off your device and then boot your device into recovery mode.
- Now, tap on Wipe section, Select ‘wipe data, cache, dalvik, system’ and swipe to confirm the selection
- Then, load the firmware by selecting “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Now flash the Rom you have put into your device and wait for the process to complete. Once done, you will be asked to reboot your device, tap on “No” to continue to flash the Gappspackage
- Once the installation is complete, from the recovery options, tap on “Reboot system” to restart your device. For the first time booting up, it will take you 10-20 minutes.
Also see: How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image on LTE Nexus 9
And now, your HTC One Max Verizon have been successfully updated to Android 7.1. Enjoy the new features on Android Nougat version on your device.