You have a Samsung Galaxy Note III and you see the Android version on your device is very outdated and want to experience a latest and more powerful version on your handset, we have now great news for you. One new great Nougat ROM is available for the Samsung Galaxy Note III. It is Android 7.1.1 ROM and based on the latest Lineage 14.1 builds. This new ROM will add newest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Note III.
However, before flashing this Custom ROM, you need to make sure that the Custom Recovery image is already installed on your device. Although, the new Android Rom will bring considerable changes for your device and make it more noteworthy to use, you might face some bugs at the same time for which we will not take responsible.
Remember, this update is only for the Galaxy Note III Smartphone, so if you use this Custom ROM file in other devices, it will get bricked. Moreover, you should enable the USB Debugging option in your device for the easy connection before the update. Maintain 50% power left to avoid unexpected shutdown during flashing the Rom. Another important thing is making a full back of your Galaxy Note III so that you will not permanently lose any important data on your handset.
Steps to Update
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 ROM and Gapps file for your Note III.
- Then plug your device to your PC using a USB cable and move the Custom 7.1.1 Lineage 14.1 ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card. After that, switch off your Smartphone, and boot it into custom recovery mode by holding and pressing its Home, Volume up and Power button for a few seconds, then press the Volume Down button, and your device boot into custom recovery mode.
- In Recovery, choose wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu
- Then tap on “Install .zip from SD Card” option and select the files that you moved to your SD card
- Now swipe to Install and wait still the files get flashed on your Note III one after another.
- Once done, return to the custom recovery menu and choose “reboot”.
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Docomo Galaxy S2
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Note III smartphone to the Android 7.1.1 with Lineage 14.1 ROM. Updating your Smartphone is simple and hence does not create any issues for you. In case you still face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.