Dear all T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 users! Do you know that the official Android 7.0 Nougat already hits your device? You can now update your T-Mobile Note 5 to the Android 7.0 Nougat via N920TUVU4EQC6 firmware. The update brings a variety of great features of Android Nougat, improvements with existing bug fixes, and the March security patch for your T-Mobile Note 5. If you have not yet to receive the update via OTA, we are here with the step-by-step guide for you just by using the Odin app. One you follow the steps and you can easily update your device to the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, before doing that, you need to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be failure. First, take a look at the requirements.
- Frist, back up of important data of your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T.
- You need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC need to be pre-installed the Samsung USB drivers to help connect your device to your PC easily. If not installed, download the drivers from the official Samsung’s website and then install it
- Next, enable the USB Debugging option on your device by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery at 50% before starting the update.
How to Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Frist, download the Android 7.0 firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T and Odin v3.12.zip, here, then extract both on the desktop of your PC.
- After that, boot your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5into download mode by switching off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ +‘Power’ + ‘Home’ buttons at a same time. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ button to put your device into the download mode.
- Next, plug your device to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin.
- The ID:COM port will turn blue with the COM port number after the connection is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” box in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure you already unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, click on the “Auto-reboot” option and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 15-25 minutes. Wait still your T-Mobile Note 5 reboots.
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935FD to Android 7.0 Nougat in Russia
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-G920T to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. In case of getting any issues, let us know in the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.