After a long wait, the Galaxy A3 2016 users can now flash the official Android 7.0 Nougat update on your device. The update adds a number of news features of Android Nougat, bug fixes, as well as the June security patch for your Galaxy A3 2016. If you have not yet to see the OTA update, we will share with you the step-by-step guide by using the Odin app. One you follow the step, you can easily update your Galaxy A3 2016 to the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, before flashing the firmware, you have to meet certain requirements so that your update will be successful. So, take a look at the requirements.
- First, back up of important data of your Galaxy A3 2016 SM-A310F.
- A computer and original USB cable are required for the update.
- Your computer needs to pre-loaded the Samsung USB drivers for the easier connection. If not installed, download the drivers from the official Samsung’s website and then install it on your computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging option by going to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly charge your phone battery at 50% before starting the update.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Frist, download the Android 7.0 firmware for your Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 SM-A310F and Odin v3.12.zip, here, then extract them on the desktop of your computer.
- After that, boot your device into the download mode by powering off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ +‘Power’ + ‘Home’ buttons at a same time. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ button to put your device into the download mode.
- Next, plug your A3 2016 to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin software.
- When the ID:COM port will turn blue with the COM port number that means the connection is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the computer. Make sure you already unticked the re-partition option.
- Finally, click on the “Auto-reboot” option and choose the “Start” button. The update process will need 15-25 minutes. Wait till your A3 to reboot.
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935FD to Android 7.0 Nougat in Russia
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 SM-A310F to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. In case you have any issues, let us know in the comment section. We shall definitely find out with a solution for you.