Although Samsung has stopped updating for Galaxy Note 3, that does not mean your Note 3 smartphone is left far behind. After a long wait, the Galaxy Note 3 can now taste the nearly stock Android 7.0 Nougat version. This new ROM will add almost features of stock Android 7.0 Nougat of Galaxy C9 Pro. So if you want to experience this latest and more powerful version on your handset, we are here to help you do that.
However, before flashing this ROM, you need to make sure that the TWRP Custom Recovery is already installed on your device (the recovery version must be 2.8.x, not 3.x). Although, the new Android Rom will make considerable changes for your device, you might face some bugs for which we will not take responsible.
Remember, this update is only tested for the Galaxy Note 3, model N9005, so if you use this Custom ROM file in other devices, it will get bricked. In addition, you should enable the USB Debugging option in your device for the easy connection before the update. Keep 50% power backup to avoid unexpected issue during flashing the Rom. Another important thing is making a full back of your device so that you will not permanently lose any important data.
Steps to Update Android 7.0 Nougat Rom for Galaxy Note 3
- First, download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for your Note 3.
- Then plug your device to your computer and move the 7.0 Nougat ROM to the SD card of your device. After that, power your Smartphone, and boot it into custom recovery mode by holding and pressing its Home, Volume up and Power buttons at a same time, then press the Volume Down button to boot it into recovery mode.
- Here, choose wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu
- Then tap on “Install ” option and select the ROM file you moved to your SD card
- Now swipe to install the file and wait it to be flashed on your Note 3.
- Once done, return to the custom recovery menu and tap “reboot”.
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Docomo Galaxy S2
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Note 3 to the nearly stock Android 7.0 Nougat ROM. Updating your smartphone is quite simple and will not create any issues for your device. In case you still face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.