Great news for Huawei Mate 8 users! Thanks to Huawei and Google developers, you can now update your handset to Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Nougat is only available for 5% of Android smartphones on the world, and Huawei Mate 8 owners are very lucky.
Android Nougat is the latest update released by the Google, which comes with many new features, and capabilities. Moreover, the Android OS security has been greatly improved with the update and all of your data will be safer from any attacks.
The Android 7.0 Nougat update have started rolling out for Huawei Mate 8 devices, but the update will take times to arrive at your device as it depends in which country you are living. You can check for a new update manually by going to System Updates option. But, if you still haven’t received the software and you can’t wait any longer then, do not worry you can still download Huawei Mate 8 Nougat 7.0 firmware based on EMUI 5.0 then flash it on your phone.
- The firmware is designed to flash only on the Huawei Mate 8 devices. Do not attempt to install it on any other Huawei or Android phone.
- When you are interested to go with a manually flashing process you should make a full backup of your data including apps, photos, videos, docs, and other personal data
- Make sure that the power left on your Huawei phone is higher than 40%.
- Your device needs to be unlocked Bootloader and installed the latest TWRP recovery.
Steps to install
- First of all, download two this files: zip and update_data_full_all_cn.zip then copy them into the external storage
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery, select wipe data/factory reset
- Then flash two files: zip and update_data_full_all_cn.zip
- Once finish, reboot the system and wait for you Huawei Mate 8 to boot up
Also read: How to Update LG Nexus 5X (H790, H791) to Android 7.0 Nougat XperianZ Pixel V3 ROM
Now your Huawei Mate 8 are all ready to test Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.