Cyanogemod is a community build free platform that aims at augmenting the performance of your Smartphone in Android platform. Since the day, the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS was made to public, the Devs at Cyanogen are busy developing the CM13 Custom ROM for different handsets to bless those with the newest yet popular Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. Here in this article today, Cyanogen has made available CM13 Custom ROM for the Oppo R7 Plus Smartphone using which you can not only update your Smartphone with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, but can also enjoy it’s awesome features.
Now arises the question, how to flash the CM13 Custom ROM on your Oppo R7 Plus? The steps are not that much difficult as might seem. But yes, definitely you have to take a thorough look on the below mentioned steps before starting the update process. If you follow the steps as mention in this article, then you can easily finish the update. Get to know how.
Among the pre-requirements, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Also you should create a complete backup for your handset (A Nandroid Backup) since your Mobile data might vanish during installation. You must install the Oppo R7 Plus drivers on your handset to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your handset needs to get disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your Oppo R7 Plus.
- Then connect your Oppo R7 Plus to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files one after another r & wait still both the files get flashed in your Oppo R7 Plus handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Now you have fruitfully flashed the unofficial Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on your Oppo R7 Plus Smartphone. In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.