Another finding by the XDA Devs. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 Smartphone can now test the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Toxic OS V1.0.1 ROM and all credit for this goes to the Sr. XDA contributor adityaupreti who has brought this great ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 users. The ROM has been named Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Toxic OS V1.0.1 and is right now ready for the users to start flashing. But how to flash this firmware? Very simple. You will be guided here through the steps. Read those properly before initiating the process.
In my previous article on Custom ROMs, I had told you the steps to flash the European Samsung Galaxy S5 gets updated to Android Marshmallow Samperia 1.0R ROM. Before starting the process, you must create a nandroid backup for your Smartphone. Your Smartphone must be rooted and should be installed with the latest Recovery image. Among other important requirements, you must disable all Antivirus programs on your device and PC for this update, else this might create hindrance on your installation process.
During the update, you Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 might face issues or might entertain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Toxic OS V1.0.1 ROM and the Gapps file for your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache options” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it! Wait your device to reboot. Once rebooted, your device is ready to taste the latest Android 6.0.1 Toxic OS V1.0.1 ROM features on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 handset. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.