The Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A900 Smartphone has finally started receiving the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. The update is rolled only for the Open China Samsung Galaxy A9 users in China. Users of the Samsung Galaxy A9 Smartphone residing in the other corners of the globe are supposed to receive the update soon. The update is rolled Over the Air and carries the build name A9100ZCU1APC4. The update being rolled via OTA might reach your handset at any point of time. However, OTA update is not the only option left. You can also follow the below given manual procedure to wrap up the update. But before make sure to meet the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A9 SM-A900 should be provided a good backup before this update since it will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy A9 drivers since those will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow A9100ZCU1APC4.zip file for your Galaxy A5 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy A5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen to put your handset into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Samsung Galaxy A5 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Marshmallow firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy A5 restarts.
That’s it! Now your Open China Samsung Galaxy A5 will resume with the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. To start testing the new features on your device, go through the menus. If you face problems in the update process, then pingback in the comment section.