Once you update your Android device gets updated to the latest version of firmware, the existing bugs in the current firmware build of your handset gets fixed, the device gets revamped and is loaded with dozens of extra features. The new features take your mobile experience to the next level as you make a thorough search of the enhancements in your device post update. And when matter comes to the Samsung devices, every alternate day we find a new firmware update rolling for some handset. The update that I discuss here today is the Marshmallow update which has been rolled for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F in Romania for the Orange Carried devices, Kenya, Sweden (Tre) and South Africa.
If you are a user of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and reside in any of the said regions, then ensure to flash this new update on your device. Before starting the update, don’t forget meet the pre-requirements as those are badly essential for the update. Proceeding to the update devoid of meeting the said criteria might result in bricking your device. Because this is an official update, so it will not void the warranty of your device. So nothing to worry for proceeding to the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge should be created with a good backup before the update since it might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge drivers as the drivers will help for quick connection of your Smartphone to your PC. If not already installed the drivers, then on priority download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully, maintain at least 60% battery back up on your device.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshallow.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- After put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge into download mode by first turning off the device and then pressing its Volume Down, Power and Home Buttons simultaneously. Next press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appears on your screen to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your handset to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge restarts.
That’s all! Now you have successfully flashed the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.