The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix Custom ROM is available for the Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 now. Users desiring to flash this new Custom ROM to their Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic can follow the given below steps. The Custom ROM is based on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM, Slim.Omni and Remix ROM builds. The new Custom ROM is supposed to add a number of changes to the Changlog of your device. You can make a detailed list of the changes made to your device post the ROM is flashed.
Now question arises, how to flash the new Custom ROM on your Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic handset. It’s quite simple and takes little time. But for that you need to meet certain requirements. Before starting the update, you need to read and understand the steps properly, else it might create bugs on your device or even might brick it. But remember, we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of inconvenience caused to your Motorola Droid Bionic due to the update. It’s all your risk.
First of all create a Nandroid backup for your Motorola Droid Bionic handset before starting the update. Enable the USB Debugging option in your Motorola Droid Bionic. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your device. Also install the required drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Android device. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid any inconvenience during the update. Your Motorola Droid Bionic Smartphone needs to be rooted and flashed with a latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) as the ROM will seek access to the built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require Recovery Image to get installed.
Steps to flash Marshmallow OS to Motorola Droid Bionic Handset
- First of all download the Marshmallow Resurrection Remix ROM & Gapps for your Motorola Droid Bionic device.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & after move the .zip file to the SDcard of your device. After unplug the USB, switch off your Android handset and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the .zip file from your SD card which you had moved to your Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the firmware to your Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your Android device.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Your Smartphone is now ready to undergo the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow test. So what to wait for? Start your experiment. In case of any issues, inform me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.