The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C is one of the most popular devices in the global market. While a number of Smartphones are now getting updated to the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 also is queued up for the update. Latest information reveals that the popular Samsung Galaxy Note 5 can now be updated to the brand new Marshmallow OS via Custom ROM update. The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Simple S7 Edge Port V1.1 Custom ROM is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and if you are a user of this device then you can flash it manually following the below given steps.
But before you must know that it’s not the official firmware and hence will void the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which can’t be retrieved. Similarly you have to root and the install the latest Custom Recovery Image on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 before starting the update. Undoubtedly the new firmware will bring considerable changes in your device and will make it more noteworthy to use. But at the same time you might face unusual issues in your device. So never blame us for any bugs, issues or brick of device. It’s all your responsibility.
Remember, this update is exclusively purposed for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked or bugged. Enable the USB Debugging option in your Galaxy Note 5 before update. Do so by visiting Settings>About US in your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Also install the Galaxy Note 5 drivers on your PC which will help you to connect your Smartphone easily to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Marshmallow Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Simple S7 Edge Port V1.1 Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Galaxy Note 5, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Galaxy Note.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the firmware is flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Now your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will restart with the brand new Marshmallow features. You shouldn’t face any issues in the update process. Still faced any issues, don’t hesitate to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.