The Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone with the model No. SGH-S970G can now be update to the most powerful and new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Cm13 Custom ROM. This Custom ROM is a free, community build ROM that aims at enhancing the functionalities of your handset. The Custom ROM is based on CyanogenMod builds & supports a number of features such as F2FS support, Improved speed, stability, RAM usage & battery drain, LEDify by JDCTeam, Toolbox by JDCTeam, Alucard kernel and many other features that you can experience only after your handset is updated to the Custom ROM.
Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so there are chances that your device might undergo issues which you might have never faced before. Now question arises, How to install this new CM13 Custom ROM on your Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4? It’s a very simple process and you can materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements. Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might get bugged or brick during the update for the which act We at TechGipsy will not remain responsible. So only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
- Most importantly root your Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4 and install the latest Custom ROM Recovery on your handset.
- First of all make sure that you use this update only for the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone & not for any other device. Else your device might get corrupted or bricked.
- Make sure that your device is running the latest stock Android OS and doesn’t run any other Custom ROM. Else the update will not be successful.
- Make sure to pre-install the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers on your PC as the drivers will help you connect your Android device to your PC. If your Smartphone is not detected by your PC even then, you have to download & install the USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Disable any antivirus program that you are running on your Smartphone & PC. You can reactivate the antivirus programs once the update is finished.
- Above all keep at least 60% battery power back up on your PC so that your Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4 will not shut down while the update is on process. Else, there are chances that your device will brick.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Then connect your Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4 to your PC via USB & then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II .
- Now start the Installation and wait still it is flashed on your Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4 handset. Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
Congratulations. Finally you have wrapped things up. The installation process should wrap up now. Following the steps you will easily flash the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM on your Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone. In case any issues are confronted during update, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.