The International Motorola Moto E LTE XT1524 Smartphone can now be updated to the powerful Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Nightly ROM. The Custom ROM is introduced by Senior XDA developer squid2 and absolute credit for this update goes to him. But being this is an unofficial ROM, there is possibility your device might brick or get bugged. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if your device gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your Motorola Moto E LTE needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. You need to create a complete backup for your International Motorola Moto E LTE since the data in your device might vanish during the custom rom update. You must install the Moto E LTE drivers on your PC to make it connect easily to your Smartphone. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your Motorola Moto E LTE needs to be disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on Motorola Moto E LTE
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Nightly ROM & the Gapps (search from Google) for your Motorola Moto E LTE.
- Then connect your Motorola Moto E LTE to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still the files are flashed to your Motorola Moto E LTE one after another.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Wait for the update to finish. Once the finished, your Motorola Moto E LTE will reboot automatically. That’s all. You have now successfully flashed the newest unofficial Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Nightly ROM on your International Motorola Moto E LTE. In case of any issues, ping me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.