Samsung has just recently rolled the new official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS for the Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN Smartphone users in Spain starting from today only. So if you are a user and living in Spain, then you can flash this new firmware to your Samsung Galaxy J3 handset right now. Soon you will get the update notification (being this an OTA update) on your smartphone. Then you can download the firmware, launch it on your device and can follow the instructions appearing on your screen to flash it to your handset. You also can manually check availability of the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN by going through Settings>About Device>Software Update.
But if you are not patient enough to wait still the OTA hits your Samsung Galaxy J3, then you can follow the manual update method. Flashing the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J320FNXXU0APH1 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN using the manual method will be little tricky, but not difficult. But if you are a newbie, then you must properly read and understand the step-by-step guide properly before initiating the update. Remember we at Techgipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your Smartphone device, if it experiences any during the update process. So don’t proceed if you know not what you do.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it might use much mobile data. Apart, double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN and hence should not be implemented in any other devices. Else it might brick your device or create bugs in it. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN drivers since the drivers will connect your Smartphone to your PC easily. If not installed, then first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J320FNXXU0APH1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy J3 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Press Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Smartphone device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted official lollipop folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN restarts.
Fantastic!! You are now all done. It’s time to detect the changes that your device underwent post update. So start browsing your Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J320FN Smartphone and let’s know about the changes. If faced any problems in the update process, feel free to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.