In my previous article, I let you know How to update Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G955W to Android 7.0 Nougat G955WVLU1AQI7 Security Patch and hope the article would have fixed the existing bugs and issues in their devices. Now in this article I will guide the Samsung Galaxy J1 mini users to flash the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J105HXWU0AQI1 FirmwareI on their handsets using the Odin method. The task is easy and will help them fix the existing bugs in their Smartphone and will enrich their device with few added features. But for that they need to follow a step-by-step guide. Following this article within a few minutes they can upgrade their Samsung Galaxy J1 mini to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J105HXWU0AQI1 Firmware.
If you are a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy J1 mini and want to upgrade it to the new Lollipop OS, then we have two options for you. This update is now rolled in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine and Caucasus Countries. The firmware is rolled Over The Air and hence a notification will soon hit your Smartphone. After getting the notification just download it and follow the instructions appearing on the screen of your handset to upgrade it further. But if you are a user who want not to wait for the OTA or have missed It, then you can follow the alternate manual method. But before that you need to go through certain requirements,which are quite essential for the update. Let’s take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy J1 mini with model number SM-J105H and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not be blamed for any damage of your handset or data loss from it during the installation process. So be ready to take the risk if any arises.
- All important data and files of your of your handset should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine and Caucasus Countries) the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J105HXWU0AQI1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy J1 mini and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Next Put your Samsung device into download mode. To do that first switch off the phone and then press the Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Next press the Power Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy J1 mini into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Samsung Galaxy J1 mini Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini restarts.
Congratulations! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy J1 mini to the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J105HXWU0AQI1 Firmware. Now you can enjoy the new Lollipop features on your Samsung Galaxy J1 mini. In case faced any issues, get back to us using the comment section.
For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.