The LG Optimus G E973 Smartphone can now be updated to the newest 5.1.1 LiquidSmooth 4.1 (GEEB) Custom ROM. This new Custom ROM will fix the existing bugs in your device and will laden your handset with a number of brand new features. Most importantly, it will bring you new user experience. But since this is a Custom ROM update, so there is possibility of your handset getting bricked or bugged. Remember we shall not remain responsible if your device gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Apart, you need to create a complete backup for your handset (A Nandroid Backup) since your data might vanish during installation. You must install the LG Optimus G E973 drivers on your handset to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your handset needs to get disabled from any antivirus link if you are using it in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid any unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash 5.1.1 LiquidSmooth 4.1 (GEEB) on LG Optimus G E973
- First of all download the 5.1.1 LiquidSmooth 4.1 (GEEB) Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your LG Optimus G E973 handset.
- Then connect your handset to PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still both the files get flashed in your LG Optimus G E973 handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Your LG Optimus G E973 will reboot automatically after updation. So you have successfully flashed the newest unofficial Android 5.1.1 LiquidSmooth 4.1 (GEEB) Custom ROM on your LG Optimus G E973 Smartphone. In case of any issues, ping me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.