Hello T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T3 users! Get ready to multiply your mobile fun. Samsung just of late rolled out a new firmware with the build name G900T3UVS1FOL1 for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5. So now they can further upgrade their handset to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G900T3UVS1FOL1 Firmware. Isn’t it a great news? The update has been rolled in the United States of America. Being this a major update, so the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 is so the update is supposed to be loaded with loads of added features with existing bug fixes.
We know your experience must be qualitative with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5, but we assume that it will be better once you flash the latest firmware on your handset. If you are a proud owner of the said handset and want to further upgrade your device, then I am here with this step-by-step guide just for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the latest firmware. But before that you need to fill certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure nor you will lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 & implementing the procedure in other devices might brick it hard. Make sure, we at TechGipsy will not be responsible for any damage or data loss if your device might undergoes due to the installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 should be provided a good backup before starting the, else your device data might get erased.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S5 drivers to connect it properly to your Smartphone. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official website of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep at least maintain 75% power back up on your Smartphone before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G900T3UVS1FOL1 Firmware for T-Mobile Galaxy S5 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Next download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your T-Mobile Galaxy S5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down + Power Button + Home Button. Next press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 5.1.1 Lollipop folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will initiate and will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Smartphone restarts.
Great going! Now you successfully updated your T-Mobile Galaxy S5 to the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware. It’s time to have fun. Now get ready to experience the newest Lollipop features on your T-Mobile Galaxy S5. If faced any problems in the update, then inform me via the comment section. I shall revert with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.