Are you a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD user? Do you live in Caucasus Countries or Kazakhsthan? Do you face issues in the current firmware build of your Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD device? Then we have a good solution for you. Sources reveal that Samsung has lately rolled out the Android 5.0 Lollipop XXU1BOC1 firmware update for the said device in the said countries. We are not sure if the firmware will work for the users using the same device in the other region. But if you find it available via Kies or OTA, then you can update it. But it’s already live in the above mentioned regions, and if you are an user of the same device then you can opt for the OTA or Manual update method to flash this new firmware in your Galaxy device. The firmware carries the build name XXU1BOC1 and is available for the said regions only.
Being an OTA update, the firmware is being rolled in installments and might reach your Samsung Galaxy Device at any point of time. What you have to do is to search availability of the firmware in your device by following the steps Settings => About device => Software Update. If the firmware is available then will showcase there and you can download and install the firmware in your device by following the instructions that appear on your screen. In case the firmware is not available there, you can also adopt the Kies procedure to update your device. But if you fail in both, then you can follow the manual update procedure mentioned below.
Follow the steps given in this guide and you will easily update your device to the latest firmware. But before that make sure that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the requirements dubbed essential to be filled before the update initiates. Make sure that this firmware is specially meant for the Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD users residing in Caucasus Countries and Kazakhsthan.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD Smartphone & using the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your Smartphone might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Smartphone should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0 XXU1BOC1.zip file (Caucasus Countries & Kazakhsthan) for your Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect your tablet to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.0 XXU1BOC1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900FD. Go ahead and experience the Lollipop fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.