The HTC Desire 816 is one of the popular Smartphones in the global smartphone market. While all Smartphone right now are getting updated with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS, HTC also has enlisted its number in the array of Smartphones queued up for the update. The latest information reveals that the popular HTC Desire 816 Smartphone can now be flashed to the brand new firmware via Custom ROM. The Android 5.0 CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM update is now available for the HTC Desire 5.0 Smartphone and if you are a user of this device then you can flash it manually following the below given steps.
But before know that it’s not being the official firmware will void the warranty of your handset and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to root and the install the CWM Recovery in your HTC Desire 816 Smartphone before starting the update. Undoubtedly the new firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and will make it more noteworthy for usage. But at the same time you might face certain issues in your device during the update. So never blame us for any bugs, issues or brick of your device. It’s all your responsibility.
Remember, this update is exclusively purposed for the HTC Desire 816 Smartphone. If you use this instillation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your HTC Desire 816 Smartphone. Also install the HTC Desire 816 drivers on your handset which will help you to connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM on HTC Desire 816
- First of all download the CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your HTC Desire 816 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and it wait still the firmwares are flashed in your HTC Desire 816 Smartphone.
- Oce the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Now your Smartphone will restart with the brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM firmware in your handset. You shouldn’t face any issues in the update process. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the commengt section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.