On the ongoing trend of Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware updates, one more device i.e. Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 has recently got enlisted. According to Christopher 83, an XDA Developers Forum Member, the Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 Smartphones can now be updated with the most recent Android 5.0 Lollipop OS via the CyanogenMod 12.0 ION Custom ROM. Being this an unofficial update, mandatorily you have to follow the manual flashing method and hence you must take care of certain things. You will find a list of the pre-requirements below.
Since the internal memory of of your Smartphone is insufficient to meet the Android L requirements, so it’s mandatory that you must have an external SD Card on your device. During the update, the SD Card will be recognized as a new data partition. Post update, the new Custom ROM will bless your Smartphone with many brand new features and will present an absolute new UI for you.
But before know that it’s not being the official firmware will void the warranty of your handset and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to root and the install the CWM Recovery on your Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 Smartphone before starting the update. Undoubtedly the new firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and will make it more noteworthy for usage. But at the same time you might face certain issues in your device during the update. So never blame us for any bugs, issues or brick of your device. It’s all your responsibility.
Remember, this update is exclusively purposed for the Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 Smartphone. If you use this instillation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 Smartphone. Also install the Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 drivers on your handset which will help you to connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
NB: Most important is to create a full back of your Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 Smartphone so that you will not permanently miss the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory since during installation of the update, you will loose all data in your device.
Steps to flash CyanogenMod 0 ION Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001
- First of all download the CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the firmwares are flashed in your Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Conrgrats! You have fruitfully updated your Smartphone with the brand new Android 5.0 CyanogenMod 12.0 ION Custom ROM firmware. Updating your Smartphone following the pprocedure is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.