Once you update your Smartphone to a new version of Android firmware, all the existing bugs in the current firmware build of your Smartphone gets fixed, your handset gets repaired and most of the time it’s loaded with a number of additional features. These newly added features only make your mobile experience extravagant as you go through a thorough search of the enhancements in your device post update. When it comes to the Samsung mobile devices, every alternate day we find some new handset getting updated with new firmwares. The update that I shall discuss here today is the official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop T705XXU1BOJ8 Firmware which has just of late been rolled for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE in Ukraine (Kyivstar), Caucasus Countries, Kazakhstan, Russia and Uzbekistan.
If you are a user of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE and is residing in any of the said regions, then ensure that the update is specially for you. Before starting the update, forget not to go through the below given step-by-step guide to make your update a sure success and not to brick your device. Because this is an official update, so it will not void the warranty of your device. So nothing to worry in proceeding to the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE drivers since those will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery of your Galaxy Tab fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download [Ukraine (Kyivstar), Caucasus Countries, Kazakhstan, Russia & Uzbekistan] the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop T705XXU1BOJ8.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen to put your Samsung Galaxy Tab into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted T705XXU1BOJ8 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE restarts.
And Congratulations! You have now successfully flashed the official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop T705XXU1BOJ8 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE. In case you face any issues in the update process, get back to us using the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issues. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.