Samsung, the leading South Korean mobile and Smartphone manufacturer just of late rolled a new official KitKat firmware update with the build XXUFNL1 and (PDA: I9305XXUFNL1, CSC: I9305DBTFNL1) for its Galaxy S3 III SCH-I9305 Smartphone device in Germany. So if you are a user of the same device and living the Germany then you shall get the update notification (being this an OTA update) on your smartphone soon. Then you can download the software, launch it on your device and can follow the instructions that appear on your screen to successfully update the new firmware. You also can manually check availability of the firmware by going to Settings>About Device>Software Update.
But if you are a user living other than the region we have mentioned, then you can follow also check availability of the firmware in your region by following the above mthod. Apart from OTA, the manual update method is also quite helpful. Updating the new Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware in your Galaxy S3 III Smartphone using the manual method will be little tricky, but not difficult. But if you are a newbie, then you must properly read and understand the below given step-by-step guide for the manual update at first. Then only you should proceed for the update. Remember, we at Techgipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device, if it experiences any during the update process. So don’t proceed if you know not what you do.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it will use much of your mobile data. Besides, double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT-I9305 Smartphone and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S3 III GT-I9305 should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S3 III GT-I9305 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy S3 III GT-I9305 with Android 4.4.4 Kitakat XXUFNL1
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXUFNL1.zip file for your Galaxy S3 III Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S3 III into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy S3 III to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted KitKat XXUFNL1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S III GT-I9305 restarts.
That’s it! Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy S III GT-I9305 with Android 4.4.4 XXUFNL1 firmware. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy S3 III. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.