Hello Readers!! I am back with some fresh updates for you. Just recently Samsung rolled a new Android KitKat firmware for Poland and Slovakia based Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE (SM-P905) users. It’s expected to hit the other corners of the globe soon. The firmware is dubbed as P905XXUANH3 and is available only for the users in the above mentioned regions. If seen from features point of view, this update is supposed to bring a lot of changes in your device. Also it will fix the existing bugs in your Galaxy Note if you experience any.
If you are a user of the said android device and residing in Poland or Slovakia, then you can upgrade your device to the next level with the new KitKat firmware via both OTA and manual update methods. Remember, this update is meant only for the said countries and hence must not be used even for equal device in other region. Now question arises, how to update? Very simple. Since it’s an OTA update, the firmware will be pushed to your device over-the-air and then you can flash it in your device by downloading it and following the appearing instructions on the screen of your Galaxy Note device. But users who are not fortunate enough to get the OTA update are recommended to follow the alternate method i.e. manual update. But for manual update you have to focus on certain criteria. Have a look on those below.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung NotePRO 12.2 LTE (SM-P905) and implementing the procedure in other devices might soft/hard brick your Galaxy Note. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE (SM-P905) should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the NotePRO 12.2 LTE drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your device battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXUANH3.zip file (Poland & Slovakia) for your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy NotePRO into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted XXUANH3 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE (SM-P905) restarts.
That’s it! You are all done now. If your Galaxy Note restarts properly, then you have successfully come out of the situation. If not, then follow the instructions again and install the firmware properly. Once your device restarts accurately, know that you are all done. In case of any issues, ping me back via comment section.