The Samsung Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G350E Smartphone just recently started receiving the newest Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU0ANK3 Firmware in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Users of the Smartphone in the said countries can flash this new firmware to their handsets right now. But how? very simple. Since this firmware is an official update, so it’s available via OTA. OTA is the recommended update method and hence users can download and install the firmware on their Smartphones after following the screen instructions, once the firmware hits their device.
Ultimately, the manual update method is for all those users who have by chance missed the OTA update, have not received it yet or don’t want to wait for the OTA update at all. This update method is instant and hence can be applied now. What the users have to do all is to follow the below mentioned tips and flash the firmware instantly. But before that they must remember that being the official update, the firmware will revoke your device into stock android OS. The firmware is dubbed as G350EXXU0ANK3 and is exclusively for the users in the mentioned countries.
The Name and model of your Smartphone must be checked at least two times before initiating the update since this guide is specially meant for the Samsung Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G350E Smartphone and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Ensure that TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G350E Smartphone should be provided with good back-up before this update since it will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Trend 3 drivers as the drivers help connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANK3.zip file (Pakistan and Afghanistan) for your Galaxy Trend 3 handset and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Trend 3 Smartphone into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Trend 3 into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy Trend Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Trend 3 Smartphone restarts.
That’s it!! Your effort has come successful. Now enjoy the new kitKat features in your Smartphone. Forget not to share your new experience with us. In case of any issues, you can get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.