Samsung, the leading South Korean mobile and Smartphone manufacturer of late rolled a new official KitKat firmware update with the build XXU0ANG5 and (PDA: G313HXXU0ANG5, CSC: G313HOXE0ANG6) for its Galaxy Ace Style (SM-G313H) Smartphone device in Russia. So if you are a user of the same device and living in Russia then you shall get the update notification (being this an OTA update) on your smartphone device soon. Then you can download the software, launch it on your device and can follow the instructions that appear on your screen to successfully update the new firmware. you also can manually check the availability of the firmware by going to Settings>About Device>Software Update.
But if you are a user living other than the region we have mentioned, then you can follow the manual update method. Updating the new firmware in your Smartphone using the manual method which will be little tricky, but not difficult. But if you are newbie, then you must properly read and understand the below given step-by-step guide at first for the manual update. Then only you should proceed for the update. Remember, we at Techgipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage if your device, if it experiences any during the update process. So don’t proceed if you know not what you do.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it will use much of your mobile data. Besides, double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Ace Style (SM-G313H) Smartphone and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Now let’s take a look on the per-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Ace Style handset should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy K Zoom drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 .zip file for your Galaxy Ace Style (SM-G313H) Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Ace Style into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Ace Style into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy Ace Style to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted KitKat 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Ace Style Smartphone restarts.
That’s it! Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy Ace Style (SM-G313H) Smartphone with Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG5 firmware. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy Ace Style (SM-G313H) device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.