The latest reports convey that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230) has started receiving the most recent official Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1 update. The device is itself a giant in specifications which include a 7.0″ TFT Display with 16mm colors and 800 x 1280 pixels resolution, is powered by a Quad-core 1.2 GHz processor, supports 1.5GB RAM, 8/16GB In-built memory, 32GB expandable memory, 3.15MP primary camera with geo-tagging, 1.5 MP Secondary camera, connectivity features such as Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, and many other additional features. If you are a proud owner of this tablet and want to further upgrade your device with the official 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1 firmware (codenamed T230XXU0ANG1), then I am here with this step-by-step guide only for you. Just follow the steps given in this guide and you will easily update your device with the latest firmware.
But before that you need to take care of certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230) and utilizing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard . [highlight]Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process[/highlight]. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Tablet should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230) drivers since the drivers will help you connect your tablet to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your tablet should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1.zip file for your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230) and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi into download mode.
- Then connect your tablet to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 XXU0ANG1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi (SM-T230). Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.