Samsung just recently started rolling the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat VRUCNK1 update for the Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P605V Smartphone in USA. If you are an user of this Smartphone and live in USA, then you don’t have to wait for the firmware anymore. The firmware is rolled in installments via OTA and so the users who receive the OTA, must flash the firmware in their Smartphone via the same procedure. But if you can’t wait for the update anymore or have missed it, then flash it via the below mentioned manual update method.
The new Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS is supposed to bring a number of changes in your handset which will include enhancement in the User Interface, new icons, enhanced battery power and many more. Post update, this firmware will revoke the root access of your Smartphone if it’s already rooted. Also all the CWM & TWRP Recovery will be revoked to the stock firmware. But before starting the update, you need to take a look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android4.4.2 KitKat VRUCNK1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P605V Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy device into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition restarts.
Voila! You have now fruitfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P605V to the Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware. Go ahead and experience the latest KitKat fun in your Galaxy Note. In case of worries, get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new KitKat experience via massage in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.