Android 4.4.2 KitKat R890TYUBPD2 Firmware is now available for the US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890 users. If you are a user of this Smartphone and is eagerly waiting to upgrade your current firmware build, then this firmware will stand important for you. The firmware is at hand rolled in the United States of America for the US Cellular users and carry the PDA version R890TYUBPD2. Being this an official firmware update, you get an OTA notification for this and it might reach your Smartphone at anytime. But without waiting for the OTA, you can also manually flash the firmware on your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Smartphone. But how? Follow the tips given below.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update as this guide is specially for the US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Smartphone and in case you use it on any other device, it might brick your device completely. Remember, TechGipsy will not be blamed for any damage or data loss of your device during the update. So proceed at your own risk.
- Create a complete backup of your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini device since the update might erase all data from your device.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 Mini drivers since the drivers will connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone must be enabled before update. Do so by going to Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat R890TYUBPD2.zip file for the US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your SMartphone into download mode.
- Then connect your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to the PC via USB cable.
- The buttom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy handset to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 KitKat R890TYUBPD2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully flashed the newest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Smartphone. If you face any issues in the update process, then inform me via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.