Samsung has started rolling a newest Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 users in a number of countries such as Brazil (TIM), Panama, Chile, India & Bangladesh. While the new firmware build is named as N7100XXUFNL1 for India & Bangladesh, for rest of the couhntries, it’s named as N7100UBUFNK1. The update is about to bring some important changes to your handset including Advanced UI, brand new icons and some other bug fixes. Owners of this smart phone can update their handsets via OTA or KIES. But those who have not yet received the OTA, need not worry since we bring you a guide folowing which you can update your handset with the new firmware.
We must tell you here that this is an official firmware and hence post update will revoke your device to stock android firmware if it’s already rooted. The download link mentioned in this page is only meant for the Galaxy Note II users in the said regions. If you live in any other region and want to flash the firmware in your Smartphone, then ping me in the comment section. I shall provide you the accurate link for your region.
Here is a list of the pre-requirements for the update. Just follow the steps as mentioned herewith. Make sure that we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device during the update, since it’s your decision to update your device. Also properly check the name and model of your Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 before initiating the procedure as the guide has exclusively been prepared for the said device.
Pr-requisites for the Update
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Disable or uninstall all antivirus program running on both your PC and Note II device before starting the update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy Note II GT-N7100
- Firstly download the Android 4.4.2 .zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 Smartphone as per your recquirement from the below list and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note II into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to proceed to the next step.
- Then connect the Galaxy Note II to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 restarts.
Congratulations!! You successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 to the latest Android 4.4.2 firmware now. It’s time to celebrate with the new features. If face any problems then get back to me via the comment section. I shall revert with some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.