Samsung has recently launched the all new advanced Android 4.4.2 KitKat DDU0AOC1 firmware. The update is being rolled for the T-Mobile Galaxy Ace 4 LTE SM-G313HZ Users in Nepal, SriLanka and few other countries. Because the firmware is being rolled via OTA, so will take sometime to reach your handset. It will fix the present bugs and issues in the current firmware build and at the same time will enhance your Smartphone experience with few brand new features such as advanced UI, new emoticons, superior layout etc. You can notice the changes once you finish updating your Smartphone with the new firmware.
Being this the official firmware, it will revoke your Android to stock firmware if your device is already rooted. So think twice before you start updating your device. Basically the users are recommended to flash the new firmware to their devices via OTA since it’s risk free. But if they don’t want to wait for the OTA or have already missed it, then the below given manual update tips will help them reach their goal. Before starting the update, they must ensure that they have met all the requirements as mentioned below.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Galaxy Ace 4 LTE SM-G313HZ & implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 LTE SM-G313HZ should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Ace 4 LTE drivers since the drivers will help you connect your handset to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 DDU0AOC1.zip file (Nepal, SriLanka) for your Galaxy Ace 4 LTE and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put yourGalaxy Ace 4 LTE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy device into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy Ace 4 LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted DDU0AOC1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Ace 4 LTE SM-G313HZ restarts.
Did your device restart? Congrats!! You are now successfully done updating your Ace 4 LTE SM-G313HZ. Move ahead and experience the newest KitKat features in your Galaxy device. In case of any problems, inform me via the comment section. I shall search out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.