Samsung, the leading South Korean mobile manufacturer of late launched latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean & 4.4.4 KitKat firmwares for the Galaxy S III (GT-I9300I) Smartphone users in India and China respectively. The firmware carries the build names DDUBNI1 & ZCUANI5 in that order and is available for the users via OTA. If you are a user of the same device and have already got the update via OTA, then you can install it on your device by downloading the firmware and after following the papering screen instructions. But if you have yet not received the firmware, then don’t worry. Being an OTA update, it’s being shared in installments and will hit your device at any moment. You can also manually update the firmware by following Settings =>About Device => Software update. But if you have no patience to wait the firmware to reach your Smartphone, then it’s better you follow the manual update method mentioned here. But make sure that you follow the guidelines properly while going through the update since it’s all your responsibility. Remember, we at Techgipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device, if it experiences any during the update process. So don’t proceed if you know not what you do.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it will use much of your mobile data. Besides, double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy S3 III and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S3 III should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S3 III drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy S3 III
- First of all download the Android 4.3 file (India & China) for your Galaxy S3 III Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S3 III into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S III into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy S3 III to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S3 III Smartphone restarts.
That’s it! Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy S3 III (GT-I9300I) Smartphone with the latest Android firmware updates. Go ahead and experience the new goodies in your Galaxy S3 III device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.