Samsung, the leading South Korean Smartphone manufacturer recently rolled a new official Jelly Bean firmware with the build UBUAOC2 and (PDA: T111MUBUAOC2, CSC: T111MZTOAOC1) for its Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G SM-T111M in Brazil. So if you are a user of the device and living in Brazil then you shall get the update notification (being this an OTA update) on your handset soon. Then you can download the software, launch it on your device and can follow the instructions on your screen to flash it on your device. You also can manually check availability of the firmware on your device by going to Settings>About Device>Software Update.
There is also another update method called manual update. Updating the new firmware in your handset using the manual method might be tricky, but not difficult. In case you are newbie, you must properly read and understand the below given step-by-step guide first pre-update. Then only you should proceed for the update. Remember, we at Techgipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage if your device.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it might use much of your mobile data. Besides, double check the Name and model number of your handset before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G SM-T111M and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Now let’s take a look on the per-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.2.2 UBUAOC2.zip file for your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted KitKat 4.2.2 UBUAOC2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G restarts.
That’s it! Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G with Android 4.2.2 UBUAOC2 firmware. Go ahead and experience the Jelly Bean fun in your Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7.0 3G SM-T111M device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.