In my previous article, I had informed you the steps to flash the Candy5 Android 5.0.1Lollipop Custom ROM to AT&T HTC One X Smartphone. As you know the Lollipop craze is making it around the corners now, so this article must have helped the Lollipop fans a lot. Now in this article, I shall let you know the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195 with the most recent Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBML4 firmware. The firmware is being rolled for the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE Blalck Edition handsets in Greece. The firmware aims to fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and to bless it with few brand new features that will enhance your Android experience. But before starting the update, you need to read and understand the guide properly so that your attempts will not fail.
This article is only meant for the proud owners of Galaxy S4 Mini LTE Blalck Edition who want to further upgrade it to the Jelly Bean XXUBML4 version. You have two options for the update. First, after getting the OTA notification, just you have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on your screen to update it further. But in case you don’t get the OTA update on your device or have already missed it, then you can follow the manual update method. But before that you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called per-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Remember, the update is subject to your responsibility. We at TechGipsy will never stand responsible if your device undergoes any issues during the update.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S4 mini LTE GT-I9195 should be provided good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 mini LTE drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.2.2 XXUBML4.zip file for your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Press Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect the S4 Mini LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted XXUBML4 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE restarts.
Fantastic!! You are now all done with the task. It’s time to detect the changes that your devoice has undergone post update. So start browing your Smartphone and let’s know about the changes. If faced any problems in the update process, feel free to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.