The Samsung Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) Smartphone users who reside in Hungary can update their Smartphones to the next level now. A new firmware with the build name BSLD2 has recently been rolled for this handset in Hungary and only for the T-Mobile users. If you are a T-Mobile Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) users and want to flash your Smartphone with the new Android 2.0 BSLD2 Firmware, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, today I shall lead you through the steps to upgrade your Smartphone to the next firmware version. The update method I have mentioned below is manual. But you are primarily recommended for the OTA or Kies update method, since these are considerably easier and risk free. However, if you have not got the firmware via OTA, then you can follow our proposed method.
Before initiating the update, you are highly recommended to use WiFi for download activities since the file might be heavier. Apart, you must ensure that you properly read and understand the whole method before starting the procedure. It’s important because the whole update is your risk and we shall not take any any responsibility if your device experiences any issue during the update. Now let’s take a look on the below given requirements for the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Galaxy Grand 2 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 2.0 BSLD2.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) device into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Wave 3 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.3 extracted BSLD2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Galaxy Wave 3 (GT-S8600) Smartphone device with the latest Android 2.0 BSLD2 firmware. Go ahead and experience the latest Jelly bean fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new jelly bean experience via massage. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy