I do have a very good news for all the Samsung Galaxy Wave 525 users. The Galaxy Wave 525 users now can upgrade their device further from bada OS to Android 1.1 XXLD1. The update was rolled out of late by Samsung in Italy. As you know the Galaxy Wave 525 is a rich handset with some good features that include a 3.2 inch TFT Display with 256k colors and 240×400 pixels resolution, supports TouchWiz UI 3.0, packs in-built 100 MB memory with 16 GB expendable sd card facility, 3.15MP primary camera with geo-tagging, connectivity features such as Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and many other additional features. The device went on floors in June 2010 and this is the first update after the device went on floors. So of course it’s a great news for all those users who have this device. If you are a proud owner of this handset and want to further upgrade your device with the official Android 1.1 XXLD1 firmware (codenamed S5250XXLD1), then I am here with this step-by-step guide just for you. Remember, this update will bring you the opportunity to root your device soon. Just follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the latest firmware.
But before that you need to fulfill certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.Wave 525 (GT-S5250) and utilizing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard .
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Wave handset should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Wave 525 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your tablet to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your tablet should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 1.1 XXLD1.zip file for your Galaxy Wave 525 (GT-S5250) and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Wave 525 (GT-S5250) into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Wave 525 into download mode.
- Then connect your tablet to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 1.1 XXLD1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Wave restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Galaxy Wave 525 (GT-S5250) with the beta version Android 1.1. Go ahead and experience the Android Petit Four in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.