The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY (Black Edition) Phablet has started receiving the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update in Open Austria. The firmware carries the build name N915FYXXU1ANK4 with Product code ATO. The firmware is available in both OTA and manual update methods. Of course, OTA is the recommended method and hence must be followed if it’s already hit your device. But if not then manual update method is the alternate method. The below given steps will guide you through the steps to flash this new firmware to your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY handset.
Before initiating the update, you are highly recommended to use WiFi for download activities since the file might be heavier. [highlight]Apart, you must ensure that you properly read and understand the whole method. It’s important because the update is your risk and we shall not take any responsibility if your device experiences any issues during the update.[/highlight] Now let’s take a look on the below given requirements for the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Galaxy Note Edge drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 XXU1ANK4.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button + Power Button + Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Note Edge into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY restarts.
Voila! You have now successfully flashed your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY to the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat official firmware. Proceed and have fun with the new KitKat firmware in your Galaxy Note. In case of worries, get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new KitKat experience via massage in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.